Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why do you get colds in the summer?

Can anyone answer that freaking question? I got a hold last Saturday, the day of my surprise party. I woke up feeling like major crap. Thank God I did feel that way, or I would have the bug to call Ryan about 3 or 4 when he was supposed to get back from "fishing". I think in the back of my head I new something was up. But I let it go so I would be surprised and make him happy.

So anyway's last week was litterally the week from hell. Monday I had to do labs at 7am, then leave with my dad at 9:30 to go to GB for my appointment with my transplant doc. Feeling like crap, coughing, not talking great (were you swear I would lose my voice if I keep talking), and also answer questions from my doc. He asked me how I am doing. I said other than this stupid cold, I am fine. Feeling great other than today. Everything going good. Then he asked my why my creatnine jumped up the week prior. I told him I drank too much soda and not enough water. I said that made me change things to drink one soda a day )at least) and more water. I told him that. And then his response was this. You shouldn't be drinking soda at all. My thought was like "What?" since when. They didn't say that when I was in class after my transplant. They just said not to over do it, and what soda you shouldn't drink because it dehydrates you. I have been really good so far. My goal is this. Drink one soda a day until I feel I don't need to do that or forget, then drink one soda a week until whenever, drink one soda a month, and then finally hopefully no soda drinking at all.

I have been drinking water, water with lemon, hot tea (since my throat hurts), iced tea, seltzer water, and Crystal Lite.

This week is a better week. I had my Iv treatment yesterday. Sitting in a chair for 4 1/2 hours with nothing to do, sucks big time. But it is for a good reason. I do it once a month so I can handle it. Now with my cold, I am feeling okay. I can't stop coughing. It is a dry cough, and it is giving me a headache, sore throat, and also making my stomach hurt. Oh, and my ears are still plugged. So better than last week though. I just want this over with soon. I hate coughing. It drives Ryan nuts when he trying to rest on his couch. But I can't help it. Well that is about it for now.
Talk to you all soon!

Love all!
Jodes

No comments: