Monday, November 9, 2009

Camp Luther Weekend!

Well, I can finally say that I have been to Camp Luther. It was so beautiful up there and quiet. I loved it. I have some pretty cool pics to share as well. But I completely forgot to take a picture of the Camp Luther sign. I know what kind of scrapbooker am I that I forgot to take that pic. I had good intentions to do it. But come Saturday when we were done with the "slave labor", I was too tired to even think about that. Yes I did say slave labor. See we only had to pay $25 for food for each of us. Our lodging was free. Which was pretty cool. We stayed for free as long as we did tasks that they wanted us to work on.

Okay first off we had 3 cabins. One was for the boys, one was for the girls, and the last one was for a family of 4. There were 3 boys in their cabin, 5 girls in ours, and 2 adults and 2 little one's under the age of 2 in the other cabin. By the time we left. I was pretty much familiar with everyone and was joking around with them. Friday night, that was not the case. I was quiet. Yes, can you believe quiet? I get that way when i don't know many people. I sit back, and listen. I talk when asked questions or talked to. Other than that, not like when we are church. Were I interject most of the time, and am bubbly. That was yesterday.

So Saturday after breakfast we all broke into groups. 3 girls cleaned the boys cabin (that was me, Ann, and Jean), the gutter cleaners were the boys (all 4 of them), and they also raked pine needles/leaves with 3 other girls. It took us about 2 hours to clean the boys cabin, I mean deep cleaining it. We could only do so much until finishing it up Sunday before we left. So it didn't get dirty all over again. Then we ate lunch at 1, then we all raked for about an hour. We were done by 3:15. Then Bonnie, me, and Benjamin went into town to Three Lakes to a winery. Everyone else was supposed to follow, but ditched us. Party poopers. So the three of us, and a friend of Bonnie's who came up to Three Lakes from Antigo joined us in wine tasting. I am a wine lush now. ;) Okay not so much.

Yesterday we left around 2:15 to head back to big bad Appleton. We were so pooped in the car, that I requested in Antigo we stop and get ourselves some caffiene. So we did. I broke down and had a coke. I said screw it this weekend with my weight watchers points. I normally can do portion control. Well, that got shot in the dark. So this week is make up time. I need to get back on track. I am still drinking my water though. Okay, so we got back around 5 or 5:30. Very fun and beautiful. Enjoy the pics.


This is a bald eagle that flew right over the tree tops Saturday morning. Pretty Cool!


Picture of the lake by the beach.















































Hope you enjoyed these pictures. I also posted them on facebook also. Have a good night everyone! Hugs and kisses to all!
Jodes

No comments: