Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Trekkers 2010 and Mom's headstone!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Ryan and I walked today with my aunt's Jill and Patti, Uncle Rick, cousin's Rachel, Lauren, and Troy. The other walkers were friends of my Aunt Jill's sister Lynn. My aunt Jill's sister Lynn was their with her daughter Cori, along with Cori's family. We walked from the trail over by Evergreen Drive and Ballard (by Shopko Express) to French Road and back. Pfew it was long, but I DID IT! So proud of myself, and Ryan was also. Granted I was bringing up the rear, but at least I finished it and didn't peter out. I walked my pace and that was fine with me.

Now onto after the walk. Ryan and I went to Saint Edward's Cemetary to see my mom's headstone. First off! Is it headstone or gravestone? My dad and I aren't really sure. Anyway's, Ryan and I were extremely impressed with what my dad had picked out. Yes I took pictures to share. I only took 5 or 6 pictures. It was cold in the wind. So enjoy the pics!


View of the whole gravesite. Yes that is a tree that is by her. I think that was pretty cool. She has a shade tree, cuz she was always hot.
Better view of the "In Loving Memory" stone that was in one of the plants we got. My dad fashioned the stand for it.


View of the whole headstone headstone.


View of just the headstone.


The "In Loving Memory" plaque and the other plaque that we have no clue were it came from. Not sure who put it there. My family isn't saying.


The wood cross that my grandma painted for the grave marker. My uncle cut out the cross for her as well.


Close-up view of the headstone. Name and dates, with view of the cross.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Jodes

No comments: