Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married......

Not sure of the rest of the tune, but I only know it if I hear it on the radio, on my CD, and when we sang it on Saturday getting ready.

Wow, what a fun time. Friday we met for lunch, then got nails done, after that went to Los Compadres for a Margarita or two or three. I only had one, a Raspberry Margarita and it went down way too smoothly. And of course chips and salsa. Then Ryan and I went to Todd and Tanya's, and snowblowed them out, well okay Ryan did, I went inside to light candles and open the blinds and everything to get it ready for their showing on Sunay morning. Tanya told me last night that the couple that saw their house said 'maybe' they are just not crazy about a corner lot. But at least they said maybe. Which is better than a flat out no. So I will keep you posted on that end. After we were done at the Johnson's house, I went home, Ryan went to his apartment and changed, I went home to get ready, okay just had to change my shirt. Then talked to my brother for a bit, he picked up my dad, and then we all left to go to the rehearsal. It was fun and hilarious. We had plenty of laughter. Then we went to Franks for the rehearsal dinner and we were all starving by the time we got their. Good food!

Saturday woke up at 6am to get myself ready, then got picked up at 7:30 to go get hair and make-up done at the hotel. We left there by 11:15 and got to the chapel. And we immediately got ready. Then my issue with my damn dress came into play. I was tightened up, and you could literally pull it down to see the girls. It was way too lose. Trust me. And then once the ceremony started. Wow, I told the Groomsmen that I was standing up with that my dress feels like it is going to fall down. He said well then just walk slow. See he has known me since I was in middle school, for at least over 15 years. I think. It has been a long time. So I started to laugh and that made me smile. Then got told by the Usherette to lower my bouquet so they aren't covering the girls. Then got to my brother and he winked at me. Everything went great until they said lets pause for the loved ones that aren't here today. So I lost it, and my family did. Was a seemingly smooth wedding. No tears until the bride had to do her vows. My brother didn't even cry. I was so proud. Then we had 20 million pictures taken. I swear. Then it was time to load onto the party bus. Woo Hoo!

Fun times! Fun Times! Then the reception and we partied until the DJ was done. I will tell you all more when I see you. I will be picking up pictures that I had on my camera today. And just have to wait to see the one's my family had taken. So good times. Oh, they had a memorial candle in honor of my mom. Which when I read it, I had chills. Sorry I didn't take a picture of it. I should have but I didn't. I will see if someone else did. If not, I will ask them to see it and then take a picture of it.

Now they are in Puerto Viarta, Mexico. They flew out of Appleton at 6 am and went to Chicago. That was an hour, and then it was 4 hours from their to Mexico. So that is all for now. I have to get ready and am meeting Melissa H. for lunch today.

Jodes

No comments: