Sunday, May 3, 2009

Slow weekend!

Nothing much has gone on this weekend. I am pretty bored and lost without Ryan here. Now I got a glimpse into how he feels when I am in Madison stuck in the hospital. It sucks. You never realize how much you do together and love being around the other person, until you can't be around them for an extended period of time.

Some of you probably don't know that he left Thursday night to go out to his parent's house turkey hunting. I am happy to report that he shot a turkey Friday morning at like 7. It weighed in at 21 lbs. and had a 9 1/2 inch beard. Trust me, for those that don't hunt or don't know much about hunting, this is one big a$$ bird. It will be a lot of meat, and one heck of a display. We should have the young adult crew over to Ryan's, or some of them apartment isn't that big but big enough. Then you can see all his "wildlife" that he killed. He is so proud and I don't care. I guess I am just proud of him. That he works so hard at hunting, and loves to show off his tropies. No fish mounted, yet. Probably would a replica if he catches one that is huge. Not sure though. It is just mainly turkey displays, antlers, a deer rug (from the first deer he shot), a bear rug, and a bear skull. And a platter of a buck that my grandma painted for him. Oh, and he saves the bulletts to what he kills also. Some sort of weird thing for him. I know he has told me, but I can't remember why. Jen, maybe Ken could tell you. I don't know.

He is coming home today, actually should be in Beaver Dam by now or so. It takes 3 1/2 hours to get there and obviously the same back. He more than likely left around 4 or 4:30. So should be home about 7:30 or 8 pm. Not sure though. He surprises me sometimes. But I sure do miss him. I told him that on the phone and he said yeah right. I was like yes I do. I know you miss me as well. He said nope, it is nice having peace and quiet. But I know he misses me just like i miss him.

I didn't do much. Friday I just hung out at home and relaxed. Nice to do that every once in a while. Saturday I got some cheap new flip flops from Kohls ($20 on sale and are comfy). Saturday night I made peanut butter cookies (the one's I made and brought to the youth that one night) they were a huge hit. Today I went to church to help out with Fellowship, cleaned up, went to Pastor Seabaugh's bible study, then went to church sitting with Becky and Mallory (who had to tell me stories and smile and stare at me. So cute). This afternoon, I ate lunch at Perkins with a friend. After that I met Jessie at Walmart and we got the lock-in supplies. Wow, I never new I could spend so much and none of it was for me personally. Church will most definitely reimbursing me or the youth account will. Not sure. Tonight though I made German Potato salad, and my dad is grilling brats. Yummy! This is my first brat of the summer season. I can't wait.

I am going to get going. That is about it from the peanut gallery. Until next time!

Jodes

No comments: