Friday, April 10, 2009

Madison Trip yesterday! Phew!

Glad I was finally out of there at 1. I was getting a little pi$$y. But did not go off on anyone. Was getting to that point though. My nurse, what can I say. Well, here it goes. Prepare for a little venting here.

My nurse that day decided to tell me that the Iv treatment I was getting needs to be put in slow. (Bull sht! Doesn't need to be. Only if it is your first round. This was my second.) So she said it will take an hour and a half. I was like this isn't the first round I am getting I can tolerate it good, no reaction and wanted to say shoot the crap in me so I can go home. Not happy I have to come down here just for this sht. So she got her way, or I just gave up. I think both. She is hard nosed. Then we finally get to what all the doctor said. She is filling out my discharge sheet with me telling me what I need to do with my prednisone taper (know this dr told me duh! I was listening), about eating healthier and getting more exercise (no duh! right?), how often labs will be until next clinic appointment, were my next 2 Iv treatments will be, the dosage of my Lipitor, and the blood pressure change to one pill. Not the same one as before. A different one. Okay, I really have to tell you guys. I do listen when the Dr or PA talk to me about my care. I just have my dad there, in case I miss anything. When they through a bunch of crap at me, it helps to have a second set of ears. The nurse, doesn't know as well as the other nurses and she is a flipping Mother Hen. I mean (sorry for this) dammit! Have a faith in the patients. This isn't the first anything like this has happened to me, or that I am asking questions that I know the answer to, or if I have a blank look on my face. I had non of the above. I tried telling her I know everything already. Dr went over it with me.

That didn't make her happy. So before I could finally leave, she had to go over the damn sheet one more time. (Seriously are you kidding me? Am I an idiot that I can't listen or absorb anything? Don't treat us like we are stupid you will pi$$ us off. She did that one nicely). So I obliged, was patient just agreed with her. Then she asks me 'Do you have an updated med sheet?' I said for what? She said for the next time you come to clinic. I said no, but we will just have to add one med and change the dose on another. We have a med sheet on our computer. We can change it at home. She wasn't happy with that. She had to print one off for me while I was getting checked out. I mean we don't use their med sheet. It is so damn confusing to use, we tried it, doesn't work. We create or I create a better one that the staff down there loves. Just a basic word or excel med sheet. That is all. So she finally gave it to my dad. Then we got to getting my next appointment.

Okay, I am tired, my dad is tired and he is not feeling good. So our buttons have been pushed to the max already. Then the lady at the desk checks to see what is open 3-4 weeks oout. Okay thinking no problem, right? I can finally see my dr. Umm no! He is booked. Can you come back in 2 weeks? My dad told me you aren't done with your Iv treatment then, dr would say no. So I said no. She said can you see a PA. I said I don't know. So she went to ask. My dad was pi$$ed about the 2 week thing, then pi$$ed about seeing the PA again. Because we both know my dr isn't going to be happy when he does finally get to see me, and something isn't done the way wanted it done. So I am prepared for that. So I am scheduled with the PA for May 7.

My dad was fuming on the way to his truck. I said really there is nothing we can do. We can only tell my dr not to be so damn important and busy and good. Then we got to his truck. By that time my pi$$yness was festering. So I told my dad all about the damn nurse. He said and had a good point. The more I tried to reassure her that I knew what I was doing, the more she treated me like an idiot. Like this is my first kidney, first rejection, first everything. Umm that is not the case. Obviously.

The nurse that knew me and wanted to check me out. I think new I was not happy. It's like really, come on. All you have to do is sign the damn sheet to let me go. I have no questions. I understand everyting. Not that hard to comprehend. She is more than thorough. I was listening to her discharge a patient next door to me. Who is an Elderly person. I can see doing that for them, if they don't understand. Too much getting thrown at them at once. Been there. But you need to adapt for every patient. Not treat them all the same. Have faith and confidence in the patient's that have their sht together.

I am done now. Sorry for the venting but that was my day. That just made it that much more fun to be in the Passion Play last night. I so wanted to just go to bed and relax. Spend some much needed time with just Ryan and I. Hasn't happened this week since Monday night. Hopefully tonight we can just spend some time together. This is another reason why I am NOT donig the Passion Play next year. I don't get to Ryan enough during Holy Week. Choir takes up enough of my time, I don't want to feel like I am living at church. Which is what I am feeling right now. I need to just not be in it next year. So I am not. Ryan's parents are one their way up here right now. I can't wait.

I am starting to get nervous for tomorrow's lunch. His parents are meeting my dad, brother and his wife, my aunt and uncle from next door and my cousin. So it is kind of nerve racking. I am not nervous for Sunday at my grandma's. They were there last year. They all get along great. I hope they get along great with my family. I think and hope they will.

Well, that is enough from the peanut gallery. I have to finish the little bit of dishes I have left from last night. Ran out of counter space and energy. See my choir pals tonight at 6 in the balcony. I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt and my slip-on heel-less shoes. I am going for comfort. Talk to you later!

Love,
Jodes

No comments: