Saturday, April 4, 2009

Health update from me!

Not so great news is going to be told of my appointment in Madison on Tuesday. My dad and I thought everything was fine, actually great. Okay, we were getting through my appointment really well, then all we had to do was wait for my labs since we were at Clinic a little early. So we get called back when they are back, and the nurse tels me that my creatnine came up to 2.4 from 1.7. Not cool I was thinking. Then my doctor came in, and told me the same news. But he was thinking of it either being due to my blood pressure dosage being raised or just being rejected by my body. Well, we did a kidney biopsy to find out. Okay the biopsy didn't happen until about 2 because they had a hell of a time trying to put in an IV. If you look my arm, it looks like I am a damn pin cushion and that is how I felt. But I was patient. I just wanted it over with. So after we got the biopsy done, I found out that I was going through acute cellular rejection (mild or minor rejection) and C4d positive (which means that I am positive for anti-body rejection). So they both are acute which means minor. So I got admitted to the hospital that day, and had high dose of prednisone that night. Then the following day was a waiting game to see if I was going through antibody rejection and how bad it was. So we finally heard and then I was also put on Iv Ig.

Now long story short, I was released from the hospital on Thursday well before they told me I would released. I am not complaining. I just have to check my blood sugar because of the high doses of prednisone which is being tappered down, take a butt load of pills, eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and get plenty of rest. Also don't do a lot of things, only as tolerated. Which is fine by me.

It feels so good to be home. Sleeping in my own bed, seeing Ryan, and seeing my family that comes over. And also having them call me at home. Feels so good. Yesterday I was up at 8 am, and today I slept until 10:15. Oops! I have a crap load of morning pills to take, so I took my blood sugar first, then went to get my prescriptions I needed, picked up a bite to eat for me, then came home and tested my sugar again, and ate my lunch. Now all I have to do is take my many morning pills. It is okay if I am a little delayed on this, as long as they are taken is what I am told. So now when I am done typing here, I will take my pills and then go chill in my room which will more than likely come to a nap for me. I am still a little tired.

So that is all from the peanut gallery right now. Not sure if I will be at church tomorrow, but will be at the Passion Play practice at night at church. What time is practice at church tomorrow? Please help with that so Ryan and I can be there on time.

Jodes

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jodie - so glad you are home and that everything is working out. Rehearsal is at 6:30 pm tomorrow night. See you there.