Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heat wave is coming!

Well, it is finally nice outside, but a little chill in the air. But there are no below zero temps, below zero wind chills. Nope. We are creeping ever so closely to the freezing temperature. Which will feel like a heat wave to us frozen Wisconsinites. I love winter, summer, fall, and spring. Call me a "Girl for all Seasons." I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my four seasons. The change of the seasons is so pretty. When the snow melts and the birds start coming alive and all the animals start to do their thing (ie get twitter patted from bambi). In the winter the snowfall that makes everything a sheet or blanket of white. Covering all the trees and everything is so pretty to me. Not the ice mind you. Damn ice! Will shed light on why I hate ice later. When flowers start to bloom, leaves turn colors and start to fall. I think I described all the seasons. Not sure I might have doubled up on one. Don't know. Summer is warm, not too warm hopefully and you can go swimming and stay up late. Since it doesn't get dark until like 10pm. Which is awesome.

Okay now onto why I hate or dispise ice. See I feel on the ice the day before my mom's funeral. So that has left a lasting memory in me that receiving lines suck big time. First off people don't move quick enough, they get caught up. Talking way too much when you have no damn idea who the heck they are. Then there is no chair to sit down, since you are completely and totally sore all over mind you. I didn't feel comfortable and myself until the funeral was over. And everyone left. Then we could sit on the pew in the entry way. Felt good to sit. Then we got to loading the plants, all the damn plants. After that we left. I changed into comfy clothes. Felt really good to get out of dressy clothes. My mom would have been proud of me. Then we could finally eat lunch. See I only had a nutragrain bar for breakfast that day at like 8 am. So I was starving by the time 1pm came around. Then the next night I went out to my garage with my slippers on, fell on my a$$. Didn't hurt myself though. Must have enough padding back there or didn't fall that hard. I was like "Damn it mom!" "Stop tripping me!" Which I swear she did the day before her funeral and after. My cousins agree with me as well. Ryan just looks at me like I am smoking something funky. I am not. Think about it though. I did. And now I am also like crap I can't get away with anything now. My mom will know and see everything I do. Crap! But all is good. Well, that is all for now. I better get moving so I can go to Barnes and Noble to meet Diane for our bible study. Talk to you all later!

Jodes

1 comment:

Jodes said...

The song above for my slideshow is my mom and dad's song they danced to for their first dance. "Love me Tender" by Evis Presley