Friday, January 23, 2009

8 Years ago I was....

8 years ago I was in college at the tech minding my own business trying to pass classes, balance school, the club I was in, and taking care of my mom. Looking back before Ryan came into my life. My life was seriously dull and boring. I had my head in my studies, hanging out with a couple college friends at the time, enjoying planning stuff in the club I was in, and taking care of my mom. And then Ryan shook all that up. Man makes you think how much one guy or a change like that to say it better makes your life go in another direction. Not sure if I told any of you this, but I prayed to God when I was in high school that I he would send my way a guy like my uncle Mark. My uncle Mark is awesome. He hunts, fishes, is a guys guy (if you understand that, if not can't explain it), does the dishes, cooks, cleans, is a nice person, genuine, loving, caring, has a big heart, and etc. I could go on and on. But you guys are already thinking this. That is Ryan in a nut shell. Yes it is. See I never had a boyfriend in high school. Seriously had no time. When I got sick with lupus, I was down to half days at school and before that I was at home with a tutor to catch up before I went back to school. So once I got passed Sophmore year first semester I only had to take classes that I really needed to graduate. I think the only extra class that I took was choir. Which I loved. And really wasn't interested in any boy at my school. Okay I was, but he turned me down when I asked him to go to a dance with me. Whatever! His loss. I went to the dances Junior year and Senior year with all my girlfriends. I swear going with your girlfriends is the more fun way to go.

I remember Ryan meeting my granpa for the first time. Man was Ryan nervous. Picture this. My grandpa (or yours) and the head of the table. Ryan on the left side of my grandpa, me next to him, and my grandma at the other end of the table. We are all talking, and then my grandpa says this. "You had better take care of her. Or I will hurt you with my knife!" Okay Ryan was shitting bricks litterally. My grandma and I are laughing hard. Ryan is pissed at that. My grandma then says, "Harold stop that. He is a nice boy. Be nice." Then he shuts up. After a while, Ryan wants to leave badly. So we leave. I say goodbye to my grandparents. And go out to Ryan's truck. In the truck Ryan is still freaked out. I am smiling. I say relax he would never do anything to you. He said are you sure. I am like yeah. He is ailing in health, and the knife he showed you is really dull. You could get away from him quicker than he could get you. Ryan still remembers that, and remembers me LMAO. We go home to tell my mom that we are going back to his place. Ryan tells my mom what my grandpa said. My mom starts laughing hard. See Ryan hit it off with her right away, like any guy does when meeting a mom. Or a girl. We left then. Got to his place and tell his roommates what my grandpa said. And that this tiem Ryan is pissed at me for laughing. But everyone else starts laughing also. After I explain my grandpa.

Then we were in his apartment one night. Me, Ryan, Nate, and Jill. Ryan and Nate were still roommates at that time. We are all talking. Ryan answers the phone when it rang. It was my dad. I talk to my dad and he says that my grandpa had died. So he brings me home. My mom is crying. We are just sitting here. And then we go to my grandma's house. I see my grandpa there in his chair, and all my cousins start coming. So we all go out onto my grandparents screen porch. I am sitting with Ryan on the swing and a cousin joins us. Ryan has his arm around us both and we are just talking. The funeral home comes and takes him away. Not watching that. Head barried in his chest. So Ryan has been through a lot with me. Deaths of family members, my health being a roller coaster now good, and stuff that happened at home.

Now everything is good. My dad warmed up to Ryan after about a year or so. My brother right away. My dad thought that since I am the baby that no guy is good enough for his little girl. Isn't that every dad's thought. Well, he really couldn't ask for a better guy than I have in Ryan. And he knows that now. He is pretty mych considered family now. He gets Christmas gifts from my grandma with his name on it, and gets one from my dad and brother as well. And I can't go to any family function without him, or babysit my cousins without him. They always aske me "Where is Ryan." Can't I go to family stuff or babysit without him? But I am happy that my family loves him that much to think of him that way. Well, that is all for now.

But another note. My life would be so boring and my life would be different if he wasn't in it. I don't know what I would do if I lost him. My life and heart would break. No tears on that one. I don't. I am being honest. He really has my whole heart 200%. The whole kitten kaboodle. I know that when he is hunting for that week and half in November I am lost with out him if I have no plans and not busy. I like being busy everyday when he is gone. No down time. Or I get lonely. Now that is all for now. Until next time.
Jodes

No comments: