Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Health update!

Now, none of you need to worry about my title. Everything is fine, actually it is more than fine. It is great. I am just updating everyone since I haven't done that lately.

My labs yesterday were awesome. Everything is still stable and going awesomely. Numbers are awesome, kidney is awesome, and everything in general is awesome. With my mom's passing 26 days ago, I don't know how many people have told me "Make sure you take care of yourself." With everything anyone can say, that seems to be the only thing that bothers me. I mean if people say it now, fine, I understand. Got it! But just because my mom died, doesn't mean I am going to crawl in a hole and neglect this kidney. That is not an option. My dad and Ryan have been through way too much with me with all this. That I don't plan on causing them anymore stress. I plan to be good, and stick to what I have been doing. Which is the best way to take care of my kidney. Take my pills, drink water (64oz a day), and get my labs done when needed.

Now if any of you say that, please just remember this. NO DUH! :) I can think of something different but won't say it hear. Neither the time nor place. ;)

That is the main thing that has been bothering me, mainly it has been coming from family. Can't remember if anyone of my friends have said it. I don't remember. Another thing that bugs me with my family is only my aunt and uncle and cousins that live next door to me, and my other uncle call to see how we are doing. That is all. No one else on my mom's side calls to check in. Which is kind of annoying. They could at least pick up the phone and ask us how are doing. That bugs me. My family that lives next door to me is awesome. They have been through everything with us. My health problems, my mom's, and my mom's death. They are even there for us to talk to when we have bad days like all my friends are. I feel closer to them now than I do with my other family members. But oh well. February 2nd will be one month. Not looking forward to that. Well, off to playing on the computer. And then off to choir tonight.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Finally! Someone who understands. Like you, I'm tired of people telling me to get my rest and take care of myself while my kids are sick. Like you, I think, "No DUH!"

I hear ya', Jodes. You're a responsible adult. You know what you need and when you need it.

Jodes said...

I do know what you are going through with people telling you to take care of yourself, make sure you get plenty of rest, and so on and so on. We are in the same damn boat together. Someone who knows what I am going through. FINALLY! Talk to you soon!