Friday, January 2, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel!!

My mom has gone into the light so see God, my grandpa (my mom's dad), my other grandpa (my dad's dad), my grandma (my dad's mom), my uncle Ron, my uncle Rick, and my cousin's Brian and Kurt. And also everyone else that she knows that has gone on before her. I am doing pretty well. I have moments of tears. But she is happier, healthier, in no pain, and whooping it up with my grandpa.

We were at the hospital by 10 this morning to have a fmaily care conference with the doctors. And we decided as a family to take her off of the ventilator. So we called my mom's side, and my dad called his side. To see who all wanted to come up to say goodbye to them. Then about 3:30 Ryan came up to be my Rock and shoulder. We went in as a family the 5 of us, and said our goodbyes, then everyone else came in. And we said a prayer with her, and said our final good byes.

Then we all went back to the wating room area so they could take the tube out of her. So we all sat there. Then three aunts got up and so did to go in her room so she wouldn't be alone. That is when I saw her breathing hard, and after a moment she opened her eyes to look at my two aunts. Then after a while she looked at me and my other aunt. Then her nurse came in and asked if she had a favorite song. So we sang Amazing Grace and You are my Sunshine. Then about 6:15 or so she starting taking her last breathes. Like she was grasping for air, but nothing. So now she is with God in heaven in his loving arms. And she is also with all our loved ones that wen before her.

Now, when you all see me. Please don't cause a big fuss. I am okay now. Not sad, and not relieved. I am numb from all this. So thank you to everyone who has given their kind words, prayers, support, visits, hugs, and listening. Amongst other things that I don't quite rememebr right now. I am finally off to bed now. Woke up at 8 and will get up at 8 or 8:30 tomorrow morn. So off to bed. Good night to all!

Jodes :'(

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Jodie,
I am so sorry. You have a great attitude right now. Remember numb is good. Keep that for a while. But remember to take care of yourself too.

Thoughts and prayers.
Mel

Becky said...

We are so sorry for your loss. It's a tough time here for you and your family, but you're right - she's whooping it up in Heaven! What a beautiful place it must be. True paradise that we can't even comprehend.

Prayers continue to come your way! We're here to support you in this difficult time.

Love,
beck (and Pastor Tim and Isaiah, too)

Jenny said...

I totally agree with Becky! What a beautiful place it must be!

We are here if you need us for ANYTHING.

Love, Jenny, Ken, Kamryn and kisses from Gunner

Tracy said...

Hey Jodie,
We are sorry for your loss too. Your Mom has no more pain, no more misery. A song from Jeremy Camp comes to mind - "There will be a day."

We'll be praying for you!
Love
Tracy

suelee said...

Jodie,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It looks like you have a good family plus a good family of friends to lean on. I may be clear across the country but know that my prayers are being sent your way.

Praying for you,
sue (Becky's mom)