Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be done already!

Okay I have to rant a little. I am a little more than annoyed or erked. I understand this is a president inauguration. But do we need this much coverage of it? I don't think so. Not that I am comparing or anything. But I don't recall Bush's either term was like this. That there were cheers and such a hoopla for him.

I watching the inauguration. And saw Aretha Franklin sing the National Anthem, I think, and she had the most lovely hat of all. It had a big bow on her head slanted to the right. I mean WOW! It was so pretty. I think all us ladies should go out and buy a hat with a big ass bow on it. And then buy an outfit so we have a big ass bow on our ass. What do you all think? ;) I really am kidding. Her hat was god awful.

Oh and now! They are talking how mind numbingly cold it is in Washington, D.C. during the drive back to the White House. What? It is only 27 degrees there but it feels like 13. OMG! That is so damn cold. I think they have beat us with the cold weather. I am really not that good to just pull that temp off the top of my head, I went to weather.com for that. Seriously they, the announcers, are so complaining about the weather. They think Senator Robert Byrd collapsed because of the cold. Well, I just read an article and they aren't sure why he was taken away. Senator Kennedy was rushed to the hospital because they believe that he has had yet another seizure. I feel so for him and his family. He is fighting brain cancer. Man I don't wish that on anyone. I mean I don't agree with the man's politics, but I don't wish him ill will at all.

Watching the parade back to the White House still. These people are such wusses. If they want cold. They should come up here. Were we have snow, haven't been above freezing for weeks, and have at time's had severe wind chill temps. And can these announcers just shut up and not give us commentary on stuff. If they are showing the mototrcade back to the White House, then show it and shut up. I would laugh if President Obama and Michelle don't get out of their nice warm limo and walk waving to the crowd. At all I mean. That would be funny.

I so can't wait until this day is over and we can move on. And watch and see him screw up our economy even more than it already is. With all the spending he wants to do, all the programs he wants to start, and the stimulus package he wants. All this takes money to do all this. And we are having Economic troubles I thought. And I don't want to predict this. But I fear that we will be attacked again. All because those whack jobs want to test and see what Obama will do. And know that he is all talk and no follow through. I hope it doesn't happen, but I am prepared if it does. And if it does, I also fear that it will be worse than 9/11.

I am offically bored of the damn parade. I understand it is tradition. And every President does it, but holy crap. Can they drive any slower? I told my dad this morning. When President Bush and Obama entered the limo from the White House to go to the Inauguration. I said wouldn't it be funny if their limo driver was like crap I don't were to go, and take a wrong turn. Okay, now I know the route is marked with cops and baracades so that kind of thing doesn't happen. I got that. I was just being funny. Holy Crap President Obama and Michelle did finally get out. Diane Sawyer was wondering. Is she not cold? I am like what? They are from Illinois dumb ass. DUH! They know how to handle the cold, and know to keep moving and you won't be cold. Don't stand still and if you do you will be cold. I just can't believe it. She has to have some comfortable shoes on those feet to walk that fast. I would say Ow Ow with ever step walking that fast. And say slow down dear. Not in a hurry. Okay that is all for now. I am done. I am going to make my dad and I a lovely meal. Since he is laid off this week. There is no work for him at the Foundry. I am going to make chicken, green beans, baked potatoes, and frozen biscuits. Until next time. I promise will be about our lat 8 years together. Please tell me what I was going to post next about us. I forgot.

Jodes

5 comments:

Becky said...

I am laughing my tail off right now! I commented about Aretha's hat, too! Tim and I also make a crack about Michelle walking in heels and lagging behind her husband by the end of the afternoon.

Great minds think alike! :-)

Melissa said...

I can't believe the hat that Areatha wore either. What a joke. The station we were watching said the parade could go no faster than a man could walk carrying a gun. What, they never heard of bicycles or motorcycles or horseback? I remember Bush's first time and it was long and boring, but not this long. Everything was finished on time. Go figure!

Jodes said...

And Bush was never late. Clinton was notorious for being an hour late, and Obama is between Bush and Clinton on being late. See I would rather be early than late. But that is just me. I don't want to make people wait for me. When the speeches were going on. I was like "ZZZZZZZ....ZZZZZZ...ZZZZZZZ...ZZZZZZZ" All the speeches even Obama's speech. I get bored fast anyway's and today's coverage made it worse. Attention span went very quickly. Bush is probably going to have a good night sleep tonight.

Jodes said...

Oh, and great minds do think alike. :)

Tracy said...

Senator Bird was just making a fuss because Senator Kennedy was getting all the attention. Well, that's my opinion anyway .. :P

I haven't seen Aretha's outfit but I don't think I need to either!