Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our first meeting!

Okay everyone! Here is how Ryan and I met. I have no clure of the date, not that chicky as Ryan would say. I think! Hmmm! Not sure on that. Anyway's, he told me that he new what I looked like prior to us meeting. I said yeah right. He said no, honestly. I saw you walking with your books, past the lounge area at the tech (they had couches and chairs there by the cafeteria like a meeting area now it is a Cyber Cafe). He said you looked so determined and focused about getting to class. See also, I used to be in our Activities/Game room at the Tech. I was in OPP, Outrageous Promotions and Publicans ( I think). We decided, us students, what speakers would come to campus, bands would come, and other activity stuff. We were also big into our Easter Egg Hunt, Breakfast with Santa, and Haunted Halloween Party. We had a blast. That is were I met a friend that I am still friends with. Her name is Krista, also known as Kiwi. Some of you might know her, seh worked at SII and was a member of Good Shepherd, and that is were she got married.

Now we were dong this banner for some up and coming events. And I had mentioned about having her help me find a nice guy to meet. Okay had my sights on Jill's husband at the time. Thank God that didn't happen, we are too much alike. Now she had me meet Ryan. I was like okay. So it was Jill, I met her through Kiwi, and Kiwi. And Kiwi's now husband Anthony. We, all our college friends now, were going to go out to Ponderosa for supper. But first meet at our friends place. So I was there with Jill, Kiwi, and another friend Mary. Ryan, nate, and i think Matt showed up. So I met Ryan for the first time there. Then we all went to Ponderosa. I sat by Jill or Kiwi, I don't remember, but my beloved now left an open chair between us so he could sit accross from Nate. He tells me now that he didn't think I wanted him to sit by me. What? Men are such idiots when it comes to this stuff. He had no clue it was a blind date. I had to tell him like 3 to 4 months after we started dating when we were talking about it.

Then after that. We just became friends. Getting to know each other. And all of a sudden Christmas Break began. So the day before everyone was going to leave to go home. We all went out to Pizza Hut for lunch. I, of course, sat by Ryan in the booth by the window. We went to the one on College on the West side of town close to the mall. Then we all parted ways.

And as you would say the rest is history. I hope this isn't a stupid story, and you could follow it. I remember though after that. We, (me, Ryan, Nate, Jill, and can't remember who else) ewnt to the mall. Ryan told me that he had to Christmas shop for his sister. What a lier. He didn't have to shop for his sister, I find out later. He just was affraid I wouldn't come if he told me he just wanted to get to know me. What a man? But we hung out at the mall, then went to Dairy Queen. I can tell you exactly what I had. I had a small resees pieces blizzard. Then after that went back to Ryan's apartment and we all played a card game. Then our friends had to "leave". After they did, Ryan and I sat on his couch for hours. I don't recall how long. But I think we got back at 8 and I left at 10 or 11. Yes pm. We just talked getting to know each other. So that is our little love story in a nut shell. Not a literal nut shell. If it was, it would be shorter. Hope you all liked it. Now I am going to go to bed. I will talk to you all soon!

Jodes

2 comments:

Becky said...

You know it's the real thing when you can remember those little details. What great memories!!! Thank you for sharing them - and good timing with your anniversary this week!

Jodes said...

It also helps me to remember my best friend from high school's birthday also. Tomorrow is her birthday as well. So as she says, good things happen on her birthday. And you are welcome with sharing this. Oh, I do know it is the real thing.