Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday makes up for Saturday!

Okay everyone! Granted Saturday was our 8 year anniversary, and we didn't do anything with just the two of us. Nope. But Sunday made up for it. We went to Education hour at church, then late service, I ran home to grab my camera, went to Ryan's if only for 10 minutes, went to Superbowl to meet the youth, then came back to Ryan's. After bowling we pretty much had quiet day of us just spending the day together. What we should have done Saturday, but didn't. I think Ryan is starting to feel better, but his mood needs to get better. I have endless patience, but it is so hard to say a comment to him saying something in a pissy manner. But I keep telling myself that I love this man a lot. And remember what my good friend Jenni told me. She told me about a week or two ago that if Ryan says somethings stupid my mom will get revenge on him. Meaning that if and when he says something stupid he will stub his toe or cut himself. He will get hurt somehow. And that is my mom intervening. She told me that is what her mom does for her and her sister. Her mom died when she was 4 so she kind of knows what I am going through. But that is off track.

So I just bite my tongue when Ryan talks or says something that will cause me to get fired up. I restrain myself. Sometimes, I have learned, I just repeat what he said to me back to him. And ask him if that is what he meant. Sometimes he recants, and other times he just says yeah.

But honestly, we don't really like fighting. We have one blow out a year. I think. Were him and me are really mad at each other. And neither one of us caves. And I leave. Sometimes if he knows he is in the wrong he comes after me, other times, nope nothing. And I leave crying. And I call him from my car and apologize. It all depends who is really right or not. But we don't do that often. That is why we will need our own separate corners when we get married. Oh, have to tell you something that Ryan told me Friday. I brought him some leftovers over to his place because I knew he wouldn't want to cook or have the energy. So after we ate, he said that is why he needs a good woman who can cook. So when he comes home from work and has no energy to cook, like if he is sick, I will cook him food. But the way he said it made me ask him if he is using me for my cooking ability. Now I did not push any buttons. I was being a smart ass with him. I said that to him with a smile on my face. Hey, a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well, that is all for now. Until next time.
Jodes

No comments: