Saturday, January 10, 2009

Man what a week!

First off I have to say to everyone. My amazing friends, my amazing family, and my most definitely awesome and amazing boyfriend. I have to say thank you to you all. Yout thoughts, kind words, being there to listen to me, coming up to hospital to be with me, say prayers with me and my family, and give me hugs when needed. Also, to be a shoulder to cry when I need it. God put you all in my life for a reason. And now I see why. To help me through the darkest of days that I had coming. You all supported me when I had my transplant. And now you are all supporting me with the lose of my mom. I am ever so greatful to you all. You guys have no clue how much you are helping me. I know it may seem like I am fine. But seriously the God's honest truth is that I am in denial and a little angry. It hasn't hit me yet. So when it hits me like a mack truck, which I know will happen, just please be patient with me. I am not used to these emotions. I might get pissy with some of you, sorry for that ahead of time. It is from the loss of my mom. And I might cry at the drop of a hat. Because of the loss. Just please again, be patient with me.

Now onto my week. Holy crap! Thank God it is over. FINALLY!! Monday was spent ordering a cheese and sausage tray, planning my mom's service, going to Manor Care to get her rings, watch, and bracelets, and then going to the grocery store to get some soda and other stuff for the next few days. After all that was done. We got home. I sat down for a minute or two. Called Ryan and went to his place. I just needed to get away. Tuesday was doing errands for myself and prepping for the funeral the next day. Ryan came over and I made us a home cooked meal, finally. He was getting sick of Hamburger Helper. Hey it is easy. I said either you eat what I make or you make dinner yourself. Get used to it. I might be doing this when we get married. So that makes him shut up about my cooking. Then my dad went down to Kountry Bar about a mile from my house with my mom's siblings. Then his siblings came down. So he called Ryan and I and we went down there for a little bit. Came home and went to bed. Oh, did I forget to mention that day I fell on the stupid ice. Got out of my car, had washer fluid bottle in my hand, and took one step form my car. And boom went down. Normally I fall on my butt. Yeah not this time. I feel forward. First thought when on the ice was crap did I hurt the kidney. Nope I didn't. Kidney is fine, I fell on my belly. knees are scrapped up and bruised. Can't kneel on both knees. Left hand under the palm is cut from a piece of gravel. Stupid gravel. But I am fine.

Wednesday got up at 8am, sat around until about 8:30 or so. Then got ready. Was a really long ass day. I was ready to be done with the recieving line about an hour into it. But we hung in there. There were a lot of people that came through. I looked at the book, and was like how in the h e double hockey sticks did I miss these people. But understandable. We handled the service good, and we all lost it on the way out of church. Following my mom. Right when they started singing "How Great Thou Art." Now I won't be able to sing those without crying.

Thursday was our sleep in day. Felt really good. Then I went in and saw Ryan. Tonight we went up to visit our good friends Becky, Tim, and Isaiah and there new little bundle of joy Mallory Jael Seabaugh. She is so cute, tiny, and precious. She started to cry in my arms, but once I tucked her feet up, and got her warm. She calmed right down. She feel fast asleep in my arms. Her buddy Jodie has the touch. And we listened to Isaiah talk and say baby. And he said sister. Very cute. He was having fun with Mallory's balloon. Then after that we went to church for our 3 Cheers potluck. Very fun. Very good food also. Then we got back to Ryan's. And a friend called, and we met him at Sabre Lanes were Ryan bowled, and I watched. I will bowl next weekend with them. Then came back to Ryan's and crashed. The both of us fell fast asleep.

Tomorrow is my sister-in-laws bridal shower, then bachelorette party after at The Paper Valley Hotel. Spending the night with the ladies. And then Sunday going to be to church by 9 am. Sorry this is so long. I haven't been free or rested up to blog. I will try to keep it up now. I am going to go to bed. I am sneezing like nuts right now. So blow nose, and then off to bed. Nighty night. See you all or most of you Sunday at church.

Jodes

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I will be here if you need a shoulder to cry on! You are a very strong person Jodie and I respect and admire that. I'm not sure I would be as strong as you.

Also, the song on your blog is one of my favorites, but also very sad. But appropriate for your situation.

Jodes said...

That song popped into my head when she died. I know I am strong. Somettimes being strong is a blessing and a curse. Right now I think it is being a curse. But I did finally have tears last night. When I was down at Kountry Bar WEdnesday night with my dad. They had Kareoke. And two family friends sang the song "Life in a Northern Town" to us. So I listened to that last night. And the tears came, then scanned a picture for my brohter for his birthday of the three of us, and the tears just flowed. Today will be hard. My mom should be there at the shower with us, and also at his wedding. So I will be having a rough day, but will be surrounded by a sister-in-law (soon to be), her family, and mine. And some family friends also. And many many cousins. I might be a wreck in church tomorrow. Not sure. It depends on what songs they sing.