Monday, December 22, 2008

Is it the New Year yet?

The reason behind my subject is i want this year to be over with NOW!! I was going great until a couple days ago, then family issues happened. Sorry to be vague. I can't be vague you all are my friends. So here it goes. Be prepared it is major! Nothing about me though, I am great and healthy. Kidney is working awesomely.

But it is about my mom. She had a stroke between Friday afternoon into Saturday morning. We were under the impression that it was a minor stroke like before. Well, we were wrong. So wrong. We saw her Saturday night in the hospital and she had slurred speech, left side of her face was slouched, and she was worked up because she was scared. Now onto the real issue.

She had a hemorrhage(bleed) in the center of her brain. And they are hoping that it will heal itself and absorb itself into her body eventually. So she has a massive headache right now, and will still have a headache when it works its way through her. Well, yesterday morning she had a cat scan done to see if it was getting worse or what. Well, it turned out that it is not getting worse and it is not getting better. It is were it was when we saw her cat scan with the doctor Saturday night. Which I don't know if that is good or not. There is a procedure that they can do to releive the pressure and help the hemorrhage out, but that is just way to invasive for her. And she really is not a candidate for surgery. They took her off of coumadin (a blood thinner) to help thicken up her blood. They are giving her Vitamin K and something else. I don't remember what. She is also getting IV Fluid, and IV blood pressure meds. But not eating yet.

But she is doing okay. She gets worked up because she is scared. I can tell that when I hold her hand and she squeezes my hand tight. But she is in the best place possible with an awesome doctor taking care of her. So she is at Theda Clark in the Intensive Neurological Unit. INU in other words. But she knows who I am, and who my dad is. Which is a good thing. It is just a hard thing for me to deal with. But I am handling it to the best of my ability. The reason I can have a positive outlook at this is because I share all my cares and concerns to God. He has been helping me to get through this to the best of my ability. So that is everything in a nut shell.

I don't need anything or anyone to do anything. I am fine. My dad and I are going through this together along with my brother. And everyone else in my family. I am just getting through this one day at a time. That is all I can do. So remember this. Tell your family and loved ones that you love them everyday. You don't know when it is too late. Don't hold grudges! Life is too short. Remember: To smile God loves you!!

Until next time!
Love,
Jodie

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love how you always have a positive attitude Jodie! God will help you get through anything and won't give you anymore than what you can handle. You know that better than anyone.

We will be praying for you.

Jenny, Ken, Kamryn and Gunner too!

Melissa said...

Jodie,
You know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your mom is a fighter and has made it this far. Take care and don't forget your friends are here for you.

Tracy said...

Medical crises are always they worst, aren't they?!?! Well, after going through the stuff with my mom this summer, let me tell you that it doesn't last forever and there is always an end in sight. I will be praying for your mom, your family and YOU. Keep us posted.

Becky said...

Thank you for the update, Jodie. We're all here for you. Like everyone else, I'm praying for your mom, the rest of your family, and you. Your outlook and reliance on God is a lesson to us all.

Jodes said...

Awww! Come on guys! Now you have started to get me to have tears in my eyes. You are the awesomest friends a person can have. It makes me feel so loved to know I have you ladies in my corner and backing me. And also if I need a shoulder to cry on, I know each of you are there for me. Believe me my outlook with God is hard. I am struggling with the positive attitude every day. This is really testing me. I just want her better like yesterday, but it will be one hell of a long road. See majority of you on Wednesday for the Christmas Eve practice at 2:30 before 3 pm service. Love to you all! Will update once I see my mom tomorrow. Thanks guys! You are the best.