Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Update thus far on my mom!

Well, everyone nothing has really changed. She is the same way she has been for the past several days. She is making sounds, but it is more like mumbling not talking. Have no clue what is being said. I am trying really hard to listen and try make out her words. Not working so far. When I was by her yesterday I held her hand and I swear she didn't want to let it go. Man she had a grip on it. I was going to get a chair so I could sit, and had to ask her for my hand back. She gave it back, then I gave it back to her. She would hold it, and then every once in a whilt squeeze it. She is getting another Cat-scan done this morning. So hopefully that will show that the hemorrhage is shrinking. I hope so. If not then it is wait. We already know that this will be a hell of a waiting game for her recovery. We also know that she will be in the hospital at least for 6 weeks. And that she might not fully recover in months it might be a year or so. So we have a long road ahead of us, and have to be patient. It won't happen like Now! For her to improve. That isn't how it works with stuff in the brain.

I am better now, just drained. I did break down a night ago. And with that it seems like the tears just come more freely now. And we canceled my dad's party so that is some stress relief there as well. It just did't feel right going ahead with his party. So like my uncle said we can celebrate this summer when my mom improves in health and for my dad. Then we can have it at our house. And my mom can come out. That would be nice. See I am looking to the future. I also have in the back of my mind that she won't be back fully 100%, but you never know. Miracles do happen. I just hope that with visiting her this afternoon, before I go to church, and with going to Christmas Eve service, I get my Christmas spirit back. Let's hope. I really don't care if my dad's side comes or not. I am not in the mood. I just don't want to deal with my cousin's kids. Who are pains in the butts. They see a toy or trinket laying around in our house, and they ask my dad if they can have it. I am like no. Stop being snoops. We have to turn our computer off so nothing happens to it. Stressful on my part. But I can hide in the house. That is were I told my dad, brother, and his fiance were I will be if I am not in our garage. But I will get through it. I have to. My mom would want us to go on as usual. So I will try really really hard to. Well, I am off to make my dad's chili and put it in our slow cooker. So I can have supper waiting for me when I get home from church. See you at church! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jodes

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jodie,
Recovery is a b%@%@%@%@. You know that as well. I have been thinking and praying a lot for you and your family. Give yourself a hug from me and I will see you tonight.

Jodes said...

What is recovery? I am a little lost. b what? see you tonight.